Pages

Tuesday 18 December 2018

A Snipe saves the night

Gareth and Kevin Clements went lamping on one of the farms near to Belvide last night. It was a waxing moon with broken cloud, so not the ideal conditions. However, it was dry and with a moderate breeze, and the birds were relatively well-behaved - those that were there.

Disappointingly, Kevin and Gareth only suspected having seen one probable Woodcock, but it flew before getting close enough. There were again no passerines on the fields, but there were at least 15 Common Snipe seen and a few Red-legged Partridge.

Fortunately, we managed to catch and ring one Common Snipe, which was a first for us and the site.

We think it helps if the net holder has the sound system to keep the noise going as they approach the bird.

We are also finding that in pasture fields with relatively long grass snipe species are very good at hunkering down as soon as they see you, which makes them very difficult to find even with the thermal imager. Bring on the next time!

Common Snipe caught and ringed by Belvide Ringers

This is our first posting and the site is still in development, so please continue to watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It's hard to know how to get started. Trading on the Cryptocurrency market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto at some point not until saw a recommendation on Elon musk successfully success story and I got a proficient trader/broker Mr Bernie Doran , he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I'm not here to converse much but to share my testimony; I have made total returns of $20,500.00 from an investment of just $2000.00 within 1 week. Thanks to Mr Bernie I'm really grateful,I have been able to make a great returns trading with his signals and strategies .I urge anyone interested in INVESTMENT to take bold step in investing in the Cryptocurrency Market, he can also help you RECOVER your lost funds you can reach him on WhatsApp : +1(424) 285-0682 or his Gmail : BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM
    , bitcoin is taking over the world, tell him I referred you♿️✳️🇺🇬◻️⇾⇛🇹🇼🌀🇰🇿🕉💜🇺🇦

    🚯🚸🇦🇿🇬🇲🌪🇮🇶🆒🕗

    ReplyDelete